Saturday, June 21, 2014
Because of Papua {2}
--I talk Indonesian to flight attendants that are from America and Japan, and I don't even know it
--I only watch the Superbowl (but this year, i will be watching more than that!)
--I still say first, "I'll do the gate," only to discover, we don't have one. =P
--Music videos can be a pain in the rear when they load.
--I hate Wal-mart
--I'm surprised often at how half of the stores in the malls aren't shoe stores
--Book stores with books that I can actually understand are AMAZING
--I feel a little clueless about VBS
--I wish I could socialize more with some of same people
--Texas isn't hot (I'm serious over here)
--I traveled in a plane a lot (it's not as great as everyone seems to think when they've never been on one...)
--I love Indonesian songs, I don't care if they scream their brains out, they have their tastes, and Americans have theirs
--My baby brother can be considered orang Sundanese (search it)
--I sometimes greet people with a 'Hallo!' instead of 'Hello!'
--Sometimes when I greet Indonesians (that I know) I put my cheek to their cheek and then do it again on the other side. It's often how they greet each other =)
--I MISS THE NOISE
--I want real pineapple (the fresh stuff from my yard!)
--I want ambon bananas (I'm pretty sure that's the one i'm missing)
Hope ya'll enjoyed those! =) Tomorrow I will be posting a music video, but, it's kind of going to be different than the ones I usually post. ;)
abrielle lindsay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Here-- I nominated you for the Liebster Blogger Award. http://craftingstoriesinred.wordpress.com/2014/06/21/double-liebster/
ReplyDeleteThank you for running such an excellent blog! *slinks back into lurker-ism*
Thank you! =) You're very welcome! =)
DeleteYou aren't the only one who hates Wal-Mart. ;)
ReplyDeleteYou had pineapple growing in your back-yard?! Lucky. :) I bet that tasted awesome.
LOL =) Thanks Brooke
DeleteYes I do!! It's absolutely AMAZING. We wish that we could've brought some back to show just how awesome it is. But alas, we didn't *sobs*