Objects: lock, fire, doll
Hope you like it.
I jump on the truck. The siren wails, people jump out of the
way. But something’s not right on the inside
2437 Garmond Lane is too familiar to me.
But why should it?
None of the rest of the guys talk. Just like normal.
I repeat it in my head. Then it comes to me.
Jenna.
It’s Jenna’s house.
I swallow.
Her name repeats in my head. I try to remember little things
about the girl. But I can’t.
But I never seem to find out much more about the girl.
Except where she lives.
The truck turns a corner or two before her house. The smoke
filled my nostrils.
I jump out of the truck along with the other guys. I run for
the door. It’s locked. I struggle to chop it down with my ax.
When I’m finally inside, I run through the house calling her
name. I dodge big pits of fire in the kitchen and what’s spread through the
house.
“Jenna!” I yell.
She never answers.
Finally I find her inside one of the closets. She’s on the
floor already breathed in too much smoke. I can see it in her face.
When she see me, she smiles.
“Come on, I’ll get you out. Is there anyone else in the
house?” I start to pick her up.
She shakes her head ever so slightly.
On the way out, I see the doll she used to carry around everywhere.
It had always seemed strange to me until my daughter had started doing it.
I carry her out and lay her near the grass. I can tell that
it’s too late, she’s too far gone.
We try the oxygen anyway.
But while dying, she gives a last little smile to a world
that’s been so cruel to her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
abrielle lindsay

Oh TW! At least I killed adults, but you killed a little girl! Other than your horrible meanness in killing a child I like it. ;)
ReplyDeleteSorry. It was going to be a adult, but I forgot about the doll. =P Sorry. Thank you. =)
Delete