here it is:
My shoulder is bare. My hair is ragged. Tears start to fall.
I hold his letter.
His letter has come at last. But it doesn’t hold the news I
so long to hear.
I drop the letter. If it doesn’t hold the news of his
returning—why should I bother to keep it? If all Michael does is go on and on
about how much he is enjoying himself in the army—why should I continue to long
for his return?
I stand up and purposely walk away from his letter, but can’t
help to come back and pick it up, cradling it like a baby. I miss Michael.
I tell the stupid voices inside my head to shut their big
mouths—and they obey. I study the letter. I study the envelope.
I sit straight up, the date it was sent strikes me in the
face like a fist.
June 27, 2193.
I repeat the date in my mind, counting how many days have
passed since then.
I breathe harshly, my throat clogs, tears fall even more.
June 27, 2193.
June 27, 2193.
I repeat it again and again. That can’t be right.
June 27, 2193 was 2 years and 47 days ago.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
204 words. =) Hope you like it.
abrielle lindsay


Wow! I love the mystery.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I love it!
ReplyDelete