Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Monday's Minutes Challenge

Today I am doing all three prompts:
Items: rose, basket, and map
Phrase: Everyone told me not to blame myself but I knew, deep down, that I could have prevented it. 
PICTURE:


She ran. She ran and she ran. Never turning back. She ran deeper into the night and straight into the morning.
I watched her sister fly in front of her with her little bare feet. I watched both girls running for their lives.
Everyone told me not to blame myself but I knew, deep down, that I could have prevented it. And by everyone, all the other clouds with me.
I could’ve rained on the little rose garden and could’ve made it too muddy to stay out any longer. I could’ve thundered and lightened.
But they just had to stay out there and look for the map. They had to stay and look for the map that had that one little paragraph that said they would die in that place, and anywhere with range of a hundred miles , if they stayed.
They immediately dropped their little baskets and the map and ran through the fields. Forgetting their Mama and their Daddy. Forgetting their baby brother and sister. Forgetting everything they owned, they ran.
When they finally stopped, I came just a bit closer from the sky to hear their words.
“You think that was a hundred miles, Andrea?” Little sister asked.
“Probably wasn’t even close,” Andrea gasped for air.
“It sure felt like it,”
“Ariel,” Andrea couldn’t even get close to the seriousness she must have wanted.
“How will we know when a hundred miles is?” Ariel picked a stray piece of grass.
“We’ll just know, Ariel, that’s—oh my gosh!” Andrea covered her mouth with her hand.
“What, did you choke on air?” Ariel leaned forward on her hand.

“No, no, Ariel. We forgot Mama and Daddy! Richard and Lily! We have to go get them. I’d rather die with them, than without them.” Andrea started running back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

300 words exactly. Hope ya'll like it! =)

abrielle lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay