Friday, January 17, 2014

Every Word He Spoke was a Lie

Every word he spoke was a lie...

How would you continue the story? This was the prompt from the most recent GTW Writing Contest. It had to be 107 words or less. I ended with 86 words. I also turned out to be a finalist. 

So, here is my entry:


   Every word he spoke was a lie.
   They had led me to this place—this dark, dark lonely place. Where rats played the role as my companions and the fleas were my friends.
   I lifted my head to the barred door, and peered through the dim light. He stood there, silently shifting from one foot to the other, staring at the hard, cold ground.
   “This is my fault,” His whispered words drifted to my corner. “Entirely my fault…”

   Never could I agree more with a man.



Would you continue reading? I think I want to continue writing this story... it's sounds like fun. :)

Abrielle Lindsay/TW Wright

5 comments:

  1. Love it... can't wait to read more! Melmac =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I did it too, but I didn't get picked as a finalist. :( I'm thinking of posting it on my blog in a day or two.
    I love this so much, though. The suspense is intriguing, and I reallyreallyreally want to know what happened.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( So sorry you weren't a finalist, I think you should post--I LOVE your writing!!

      Thanks so much! Once I write some more, I *might* get a little brave and post some more. :)

      Delete
  3. I would love to read more!! It was very interesting that first little part. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks, Mary! I can't wait to write more... heh heh. Kind of. ;)

      Delete

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay