Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Minutes

Click this picture and you can enter too! Even if you don't have a blog!!

   I could not believe who the new kid was. My voice caught in my throat when she entered the room. One glance and I was a goner. 
   Keeping my head low, I adjusted my blue ball cap, making sure the ginger hair that covered my forehead wasn't pushed aside. I dug my hands in my pockets deeper and blocked out Ken's voice altogether. Looking at the floor, I saw her walk by me--but she said nothing. Good. Maybe that meant she hadn't seen me.
   When it was time for class to begin, I took my spot, but looked up when Ms. Hardthrop called, "Justin, please lift your cap up some, it would be best if I could see your face," Her smile was the normal one, but it didn't feel like it. Especially when I heard the gasp behind me when my name was called.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think? This is my Monday Minutes Challenge this week. :) I might have gotten a new spark. My second spark where a boy is the M(ain)C(haracter). :) Do you feel interested in this story? Would you read on?

~Abrielle Lindsay/TW Wright

5 comments:

  1. I like it a lot. I want to keep reading. Is Ken someone who was talking to the MC, or is Ken the girl that just walked in?

    Since you have brothers, you *might* be able to pull off writing a book with the boy as a MC!

    Keep writing!

    MelMac ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job!!!! ~Chloe blooming-maiden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was interesting and I would keep reading it.
    Aunt Shell

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay