Sunday, January 19, 2014

Back-Cover Blurb

Ok. Finally going to write a back cover blurb for Painted Skies--my latest work-in-progress (or for you writers out there: WIP). :/ Kinda nervous.... But, here is the cover that my friend Journey Lillian made:



SO. Painted Skies is still in the first draft state and will need some major edits. :P Something I for one, do not look forward to--though I guess I should. :/ Painted Skies's genre is Sci-Fi, and I'll admit, it's probably not great. :P The first draft is supposed to be 50,000 words, but I will not be surprised if it surpassed that goal. Considering that she is only ten days into her journey and there is already nearly 30k in the book. *shakes head* Catrinity is a tough character sometimes, but I still enjoy her and sacrifice my reading time to try and get her life under control! :P And blogging time... Anyway. The blurb:

What would you do if you were the one to cause your city's color to fade and die away?

   Kalcastor, Catrinity is one of the three reasons that color drained from her world six years ago. But she can't get out of the hole and live in the now.
   When her friend Manic has disappeared and his cousin, Karina, is on her knees in front of Catrinity begging her to find Manic, Catrinity takes on the challenge. Only to be captured by an old friend.
   The only way to save Manic is to find her city's box of color... in 100 days. Catrinity accepts and sets out immediately--only to soon find out the days have been cut to fifty. 
   Having no idea where this box could be, Catrinity is growing more and more worried. Can she find it and save her friend? Can she give her beloved city its color back?

Ok. That needs to be revised majorly, but that's pretty much what the book is about.

Abrielle Lindsay
or
TW Wright

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Abrielle!

    Thanks for entering the writing prompt on my blog again! I was very surprised to read that you are almost 12. I expected you to be four years older based on your writing skills, at least!

    Since there were less than 5 entries in last week's contest, only one winner has been chosen. However, the first place winner has already read Purple Moon. Because of that, we have decided to send the Kindle copy to the second place winner instead, which is you! Congratulations! Please email me at christiswrite (at) gmail (dot) com and I will be sure to send you the copy of Purple Moon ASAP. =)

    God bless!

    Tessa
    www.christiswrite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Tessa! I love doing these! ;) Thank you!

      :) Thank so much for holding these, shooting you an email...

      Delete
  2. TW! I LOVE the back cover blurb you wrote. If I had just picked it off a shelve at the library I would be begging Mama to let me read it. (as she has to approve of what we read) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really interesting, TW! Such a unique idea:)
    In Christ,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay