I looked around. No one was anywhere.
Just me. All alone.
Again.
I sighed. I hated being alone. I wanted
to go somewhere with someone. I wanted to be a normal person. I wanted to be
down there on the earth. Instead of up here in some fantasy world all alone.
I sighed again. The swing I was stuck on
burned my hands. It stung to move.
When I looked down at the river again, I
noticed that instead of it still being twelve inches beneath me, it was half
that distance.
I stared at it longer, and the longer I
did so, the higher it came up.
Soon I realized that I had to stand up.
Even if it hurt. And I had to do it now.
I moved gently to where I was standing
on the burlap ropes above the rising water.
Looking around again, I saw something move
in the trees. A flicker of hope rushed through me.
“Hello?” I called out.
The movement stopped. But, after a few
minutes, it started again. Moving closer and closer, to me.
Even with the power I had, it came closer
to me.
I smiled when I saw it at the edge of
the river. It was a woman. A real woman.
She seemed strange in a way. She wore
clothes to match the trees and dirt. Her face was streaked with mud. But her
eyes caught me. They were full of fear.
“Hello,” I said.
“Get out of here. I can’t do it,” She
turned away, “And hurry up.”
“What, why?” I said.
“They’re coming for you. And if you don’t
want to be caught, you better hurry up.”
She thought I could get out of this? She
was wrong.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
291 words =)
abrielle lindsay


That's really great, TW! I love it:)
ReplyDeleteIn Christ,
Sarah