Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday's Minutes Challenge

Yes, I know I'm traveling. Yes, I do know where I am traveling to. BUT, that will NOT stop me from doing Monday's Minutes. It can't. =)

As for a mini-update, we survived the flight from Papua to Java. And let me tell you, I'm pretty sure that was the best flight from/to Papua. The food must've been the best plane food ever. I even ate Jenny's veggies and chicken because she wouldn't. =)

John is definitely better. *winks* Late tonight, we board the plane for Japan, we won't stop traveling then until we land in Tennessee. Where all of our family is (just about all of it is), and I CANNOT WAIT!! =D

Anyway, on to the Monday's Minutes Challenge!
It was quite hard for me to decided between the picture prompt or the sentence prompt, but I decided to do the picture. I will write something to go with the picture below:

I bent my head, was I really to die tonight?
The sea below me was bronze. The sun and clouds above me matched. It was beautiful, really, except for the fact that I was to die.
“Do you wish to tell the truth now, Abriana?”
I looked over my shoulder at him. He raised the ax a bit higher to where the sun caught it, blinding my sight.
“I have told you the truth the whole time. I. Didn’t. Do. It.” I clenched my jaw.
“Your choice, Abriana. But please trust me when I say that it is such a waste to lose you.” He looked almost saddened.
I bowed my head again, “Let Thy will come, Lord Jesus.”
I heard him takes several steps towards me and around me before he stopped by my side.
I thought a moment, what should my last words be? ‘I didn’t do’? ‘Why don’t you listen to me’? Should I even have any last words right now? No, I shouldn’t.
I thought of everything that had happened in my life, should I quote one of those things?
Right then, and right there, I decided something. I looked up, I saw him raise the ax high above my head, ready to bring it down on my neck.
I had to move fast. When it was coming down, I moved in a flash. I kicked it out of his hand to the bronze water below.
While he was still caught in a shock, I swung on my heel and started to run for my life. Of all days, why did I choose to wear a dress?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
271 words. Hope ya'll like this! =)

abrielle lindsay

2 comments:

  1. I love the writing - descriptive and fluid. Hope you have a good flight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! and I'm glad that John is better. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay