Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday's Minutes Challenge


Today I am going to do the phrase: It was the scariest thing I would ever face... but I also knew it was only my chance to find freedom. 271 words. =)

It was the scariest thing I would ever face... but I also knew it was only my chance to find freedom.
So I stepped onto the swaying bridge. Looking ahead, I could see the red eyes flashing back at me. I held my breath and took another step.
I reached for the rope on the side, but it disappeared. I gasped and looked at the other side, the rope was gone there too. I froze, and slowly looked behind me.
Slowly, each plank I had passed disappeared. I looked in front of me, were they disappearing too?
This all seemed like the fairy tale Mother used to tell me every night. The fairy tale about the girl with a big fluffy “princess dress” who ran away thinking that what was on the outside of the castle was better than the inside.
She ran and ran until she came to the bridge and had to make a choice—to give up or keep going. She decided to keep going. But after each step, the plank behind her disappeared.
I shivered all over, she somehow had made it to the end, but then was taken as a prisoner.
Instead of walking the rest of the way, I ran to the red eyes. When I reached the end, I looked up at them.
They cackled endlessly, they grabbed me when I tried to run. My throat clogged up. I shook all over.
It seemed like the walked for hours before they threw me into a pit of come sort.
“No, please,” I screamed.

“I’m no longer the only one here, am I?”
I froze.


Hope ya'll like this! =)

abrielle lindsay

3 comments:

  1. I liked it...And thanks so much for making the font bigger :D

    ~Rcubed~
    http://randomrantsrcubed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry! My favorite part is when she remembers the story her mother told her.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay