Friday, February 28, 2014

"It's SNOT that bad!"

Yeah, have you ever heard of a little thing called papeda (i think that's how it's spelled...)?? I have lived in Papua for two years and it's like the tribe meal.

And here's what I've been told this whole two years: "It tastes like snot!" "It tastes like snot!" "It tastes like snot!"

Well, it certainly looks like snot.

Last night, my family took Sue, Ruth, and one of John's friends to one of the local restaurants. Buzz saw that papeda was on the menu and asked for it. And that's what came. It so looked like snot to me. Buzz started eating it (how he got the stuff on the fork is quite a mystery!) and I asked how it was. He said he really liked it!

Ok, I don't know what happened in my brain there, but I decided to try some because Buzz actually likes it (?!?!). So, I got some and took a bite. Now our new joke is: "It's SNOT that bad!"

But it really wasn't!! But we ate it with some fish soup--that probably covered up the real snot taste. John's friend wouldn't try it--said he was too scared. =)

What's next? *shudders* Durian.

abrielle lindsay =)

1 comment:

  1. Eeeewwwww!!! Gross, Gross, Gross and can I say it one more time Gross. I don't mind trying stuff that is new or different to me but I can just barley crack an egg without thinking of snot.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay