Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday's Minutes Challenge

Hey ya'll! =) So now I'll be posting two challenges. =) The one with the prompt plus the Pinterest entry. =D Hope ya'll will like it. =)

I am writing an entry starting with the sentence: I knew it wasn't the truth as soon as he uttered the words.

   I knew it wasn't the truth as soon as he uttered the words.
   “You mind running that by me again, sir?” I folded my arms, giving the man another chance.
   He turned away, still looking down. Did his head shake ever so slightly? I was sure of it as I called the guards in.
   “Yeah, I didn’t think so, sir. Now, if you please, I believe you have an appointment.” I waved towards the guards that were coming towards the peasant.
   The man’s head looked up at me instantly, even daring to look into my eyes. His shoulder length wisps of hair were wet with sweat. Was it really so hard to say something that would just receive the answer no?
   “I know that you don’t like me, just as I don’t like you. And even if you are the queen of my land, that doesn’t mean I can’t come in here and ask for your forgiveness over what I’ve said about you,” The man’s hat was inside of tightened knuckles.

   “No,” I pushed the crown just a bit up my head, presenting the honor I held.

And the Pinterest entry, I will be using these three pictures:




"One of the hardest parts of life is deciding whether to walk away or try harder." How true his words were I realized. But this was for the best, it had to be. Was it? I looked around. The stone steps looked thousands of years old. I touched the tips of the black crown. "Queen of the dark, that's all you'll ever be queen of," the children's taunts didn't seem as painful any more. In fact I just laughed. Queen of the dark, perfect. That's exactly what I'll be. But not just physical dark. But also the other dark that takes people and never lets them go. And now I saw that the easier thing to do was to walk away... and come back leading the dark ones.
You can find my board HERE. =)
 Hope ya'll liked those. =)

abrielle lindsay

3 comments:

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay