Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Papua, Indoneisa

Britt, this is my post for the loving contest.
        Abrielle Lindsay
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


                Something really, really exciting came up 2 ½ years ago… Moving to Papua, Indonesia!! At first, I was scared and didn’t want to go. I thought that there was no power, mud houses, only Papuans (that’s not a great thing to tell since that was the whole reason we were going). But then, I gradually got more and more excited!!!!! But then, there was leaving America. I had lived there my whole life!!!! I was 10 years old then, it was really hard leaving all of my family and friends!! But I had to go wherever my parents went so that meant Indonesia. We got on the plane, for nine hundred years, well, it felt like it!! ;] No, just 3 days [just]. Then we adjusted to the time.
                Well, now I had found out that my friend, Ann, was going to Papua too!! But she happened to be in Java the same time we were!! :D So we had playdates, sometimes, but mainly we played with the Indonesian kids, that lived right next door! Rizal, Rendi [Randy], Lusi [Lucy], Ka-ka, San-san, and Dian were our best friends there!! We played together every day!! (unless it rained)
                There is electricity, there are real houses (you know), and there were Bulahs (aka foreigners){not that really mattered, it just felt good to have other bulahs}!!
                Even though we now live in Papua, there are still the same things, Indonesians, electricity, etc. Even though we have power outs more often here, it’s kind of fun. ;] Well, it does get hot, sometimes we are ready to scream, but it’s super-duper fun playing outside with the Indonesians in the rain!!! And getting all muddy!
                I love living here; I’m soo glad I am getting to live here!!! I love it soo much, it’s just going to be hard to get used to America for 9 months next year! Since this place is totally different.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Abrielle Lindsay~

                                                                                                                                                        

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Living in Indonesia sounds like a total adventure =)Thank you so much for entering my contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! oh, it is such an adventure!! (my 8mo. bro. is going to the beach for the 2nd time tomorrow!! i didn't bet to go til i was 2!!!) ;] Oh, u r sooo welcome!! it was a lot of fun!!

      abrielle lindsay

      Delete

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay