is it burglars?? or something like that?? Would you like to know mine and my brothers, sisters, and mom??? Good.
It's...... chairs. Chairs, I know, it's pathetic. In Indonesia, Papua, is it pathetic?? Nooooooooooooo. When you see your across-the-street-neighbor with a WHOLE lot of chairs, you want to cry. Literally!!! Here let me tell you a little story...
 |
| Across the street |
 |
| A silly picture |
So, when one of my besties was leaving Papua for good,
Amanda , I had her and
Addie over for a sleepover. However, we chose the worst day EVVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The day before that Friday back in February, we had seen some guys build a tent and a stage, then on Friday when our pembantu (helper) came to work she said that she couldn't come her normal route, the people across the street had told her she couldn't come this way, she was, like, 3 feet from out neighbors' driveway, which she could
easily take to come into our yard. But she had to go out again and walk all the way around a different way, which is much longer. But then a HUGGGE load of chairs came in!!!!!!!!!!! I was literally saying out loud most of the day was: 'please be Saturday. please be Saturday. not Friday.' But then someone told us that the party would only be from 8-midnight. Not that bad. But then some speakers arrived and were set
RIGHT OUTSIDE OF OUR GATE!!!!!!! So we went out to eat, just like every Friday (we always go to the school here), when we got back, I think it was about 7:30. People were arriving across the street. A LOT of people. Too many people!!! We got through watching Jonah (the Veggie Tales, i love those things!!!!!!!!) Then by the time we got in bed, about 10:00, the party was LOUD, LOUD, LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adelaide, turned up some of her music a little higher, not that we could hear it. So we talked for about an hour, then
Amanda fell asleep. We couldn't see how! Then
Addie tells me a story about someone that would be in my class if I went to the International school. His name is Eli.
So apparently, there was this guy talking and talking out side of Eli's gate. It was 2:00 am. So Eli decides to do something. He went outside and yelled at the guy in Indonesian for a couple of minutes, then goes inside. The guy was quiet... for about 2 hours.
After
Addie finished that story, she asked, 'do you have a machete?' I said, 'i think so, why?' 'oh, just go outside wave it around and yell at them, maybe they'll be quiet after that!' she replied. I laughed. And then went to get some earplugs. I told my mom the story about Eli and the guy. She said that Johnny was ready to go do that.
Addie and I stayed awake 'til 1:43 am. The music was still blaring!!!!!!!!!! I woke up around 4:00 am to go to the bathroom, on my way, I peeked through the window at the party. People were
still out there!!!! But, they were just talking.
The party lasted until about midnight Saturday.
Thank heavens this party WAS from 4:00-7:00 (pm). And that it WAS NOT LOUD!!!!!!! Well, no one was spending the night, but, i wasn't about to TRY to sleep through the horror.
It's gonna' be way to quiet in America. ;)
~Abrielle Lindsay
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!
Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!
And keep in mind:::::
Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~
~Abrielle Lindsay