Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Camp

So if you are wondering why I haven't had a post for the last 2 (almost 3) weeks is not because I haven't been able to get on (well, kinda'), it's because I went to camp.
It was a soccer camp. It was totally awesome!!!!!!! Camp was 3 days long, in this case, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (last week). Here is something I wrote down during soccer camp. Here goes:



June July 3, 2013

   Today was more fun than yesterday! But it was hotter. :P Chaia and Megan went to a soccer game so they weren't here all day. I played mostly with Alex, Mia, Sue, Margreet, and the local girls. Last night, some of us girls went to Mr. B and Mrs. P's house to sleep. (They were the ones in charge) It felt a lot better!!

   Mrs. A played on my team today when we were actually PLAYING soccer! ;) After my team was finished playing, I drank an entire bottle of water, while trying to keep it in my hand. Once, I was just holding it and it nearly slipped right through my hand!! Alex thought it was gross, because of the sweat and all. 
   I've gotten sunburn bad on the back of my neck. Eellck!! :( It hurts!! :(
   Early this morning, a girl named, Monica (I think), accepted Christ!! I watched her, and listened too. It was awesome!!
   Showering and food are a few of the best things ever!!! More than ever now!! Last night, I just rinsed off (I know: g-ross) because I forgot to grab my soap and shampoo. :/


FOOD:

July 2nd:
Lunch - white rice, eggs with delicious sauce, and green beans
Supper - white rice, kankung (a Indonesian food I'm not very fond of), tofu, and tempeh (don't know what it is and don't know if that it is correct sp. :P )

July 3rd:
Breakfast: nasi goreng (fried rice, yum!) and cucumbers
Lunch: leftover nasi goreng, not leftover kankung (thank goodness), and I think that's all
Supper: white rice, kangkung (again), cucumbers, and fish (I'm sorry Hannah, I ate fish!!!! :/ )

July 4th:

Breakfast = not-leftover nasi goreng and cucumbers
Lunch = bungkus (white rice, tofu, tempeh, and green beans wrapped up in brown paper)
Supper = I wasn't there!!! ;)

Our schedule:

(2nd day)
4:50 ~ wake up
5:00-5:15 ~ walk down the road to the youth center from Mr. B and Mrs. P's house
5:20-6:00 ~ listen to our leader and try to understand
6:00-6:30 ~ play Uno (Margreet's brother brought it with him!)
6:30-7:00 ~ eat nasi goreng (yum!!)
7:00-8:00 ~ more uno!
8:00-9:00 ~ we sang 2 songs and then played a game I didn't like much, here, see if you like!: someone was in the middle while everyone else stood in a circle with a plate in front of them. Then the person in the middle would walk up to a friend and say: "Do you love me?" If the person they asked said 'yes' then everyone changed spots. If the person said 'no' then person in the middle would ask, "Then who do you love?" and the person would say something like: "Everyone with blue shorts on." Then everyone with blue shorts changed places. we played this for awhile. 
9:00-4:00 ~ at the International school learning how to do new (or not) drills for soccer
5:00-6:00 ~ play at the youth center and take showers
6:00-8:00 ~ play a little game with Mr. B, then it was like a mini Bible Study, after that we would split up back into our little groups and pray
8:00-8:30 ~ eat dinner
8:30-9:30 ~ we were supposed to watch a movie, BUT it wasn't exactly 'good'. it showed some really scary things, Margreet, her brother, and I finally left and played uno with Nona (one of the women in charge)
9:30 ~ get our pillow and sheets, jump in the car, and go to Mrs. P's house to sleep!

I think, total, 7 kids became Christians throughout camp. :D

[sorry, i didn't have a camera so i couldn't take pix :( ] 

I had lots of fun and it was really cool playing with these Papuan girls (mainly), and learning things in soccer! ;)

~Abrielle Lindsay~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay