Thursday, August 28, 2014

Monday's Minutes Challenge


This week I am going to do the object prompt and sentence prompt. :) I'm really sorry for the lack of posting, and hope to catch up very, VERY soon :)

OBJECT PROMPT: piano, rose, necklace 

SENTENCE PROMPT: I jumped at the sound of a door slamming downstairs. Where could I hide?

Hope ya'll enjoy!! :D ::

I fingered my necklace. The rest of the girls laid in their beds already fast asleep. Why couldn’t I fall asleep too?
I sighed and rolled on to my side.
Lydia’s red rose was on the floor again. I rolled my eyes and set it back on her nightstand.
I finally decided to get up and go to the bathroom. I hurried through and was near the stairs when I came out.
I jumped at the sound of a door slamming downstairs. Where could I hide? 
It was them. Who else would come here at this time? I looked up and down the hall. Ms. Smith would still be sleeping.
I heard their boots.
Their boots clumping all around downstairs.
I heard a crack. A loud one. Too loud. The piano. I needed to go somewhere now.
Grasping my necklace, I raced down the hallway to Ms. Smith’s room. Their boots chasing me.
Once I was in her room, I slammed the door without a second thought and locked it. Then backed towards the wall.
Ms. Smith was still sleeping.
But there was no time to wake her when the door was being tried to open.
I grasped my necklace harder, cutting through my skin. I wasn’t going to fail Grandma.
The ax blade went through the door. Ohmygoodness. It was all going to end there.
I slid against the wall to the floor.
It was too late, I was going to fail Grandma.
I saw the ax blade slide through the door again.
Breathing hard, I knew what I had to do, even if it was a risk.
I jerked the necklace, the chain broke immediately. I threw it when they burst into the room.
“Where is it?”
“I-I don’t know.”

And the next thing I knew was darkness

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And this has nothing to do with Slaved ;) lol

It's exactly three hundred words long :) Hope ya'll like it!!

abrielle lindsay

2 comments:

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay