This week I am doing the three object prompt (that I surprisingly submitted...) Which is:
SCISSORS
PASSPORT
WANTED POSTER
Let's see how I do...
OH YES, and by the waaay, Go Teen Writers is hosting it's fourth 100 for 100 Challenge. You can zoom over there (after you finish reading, of course, lol) and check it out... maybe sign up with me? :D
Anyway, I have an entry:
I look
around the airport. He’s not here. Good.
I walk in
the opposite direction of everyone else, pushing past men and women of all
ages. I clutch the passport.
Keeping my
head down, I reach my destination, where my flight waits. I pass my wanted
poster. I pass the flight attendant, flashing my ticket in her face.
I did it.
I’m ok.
And I still
have them.
I settle
into my seat, a sigh of relief escapes.
My bags wait
above me.
I can only
hope no one took those last tickets next to me.
People
shuffled down the row.
But no one
shuffled down my little row.
I sat back
and relaxed, it was just a moment before we were going to take off.
That’s when
a momma of two boys came up, I could see the stress pouring from her eyes.
“Um, could
we go by sir?” She asked.
My whole
insides were yelling no, but I couldn’t make them go somewhere else. I stood up
and they sat down in the two seats.
The baby in
her lap, and the at least twelve year old next to me.
“What’s your
name, Mr?”
I turned to
the boy.
“Jenkins.” I
mumbled, pushing my hat down a little further.
“That’s like
a book series my momma likes to read.” He grinned.
I tried to
smile, my whole insides were screaming against this.
He stopped
talking to me and soon the plane was in the air and I knew it was time. But how
could I get past it with this momma and her two little boys?
I pulled out
the small scissors from my pocket and hoped for the best—but the worst for
everyone on the plane.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's 290 words, and I hope ya'll like it! :)
abrielle lindsay

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!
Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!
And keep in mind:::::
Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~
~Abrielle Lindsay