Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Beautiful People--Anaya

I admit, I FORGOT TO DO IT LAST MONTH. I'M SORRY. But last month was sorta' busy for us (leaving TX, in OK for a week, family, braces, ear pircing, birthdays, etc.) 

This month I will be interviewing Anaya from Slaved. ^.^ Hope you enjoy! :)

1) What does your character regret the most in their life?
Anaya probably regrets most that she didn't try again to get in the way of her Dad's death.

2) What is your character's happiest memory? Most sorrowful memory?
Happiest memories would just be any time with her dad. Saddest would be her dad's death.

3) What majorly gets on your character’s nerves?
Slavery is always on her mind and always gets on her nerves

4) Do they act differently when they're around people as opposed to being alone? If so, how?
Nope, not really

5) What are their beliefs and superstitions? (Examples: their religion or lack of one, conspiracy theories, throwing salt, fear of black cats.)
Her dad always taught her to bless the food before she ate. And to never curse God. Don't lie. But she doesn't have a relationship with Him. (that might change during the book ;) )

6) What are their catchphrases, or things they say frequently?
What she says most often is: Prove them wrong. It was the last words of her Dad, he told her to prove all of the slave masters wrong. :)

7) Would they be more prone to facing fears or running from them?
Eh, I think during this first draft it's a more of a facing fears kind of thing. But it may change during draft two ;)

8) Do they have a good self image?
*nods* Yep

9) Do they turn to people when they're upset, or do they isolate themselves?
This is kind of hard, when she had her Dad, she turned to him. When he was gone, she isolated herself. Now that she has the Rebels sometimes she isolates herself or turns to Jacinda.

10) If they were standing next to you would it make you laugh or cry?
I would honestly probably cry. She'd been a slave. She is scarred for trying to escape. For getting beat instead of others. She would have had a hard life. You know it might be hard for me to NOT cry

Ok so here is my Beautiful People for this month! :) It was fun! :D And kind of hard. Hope you enjoyed! And if you want to join, click here!

abrielle lindsay

6 comments:

  1. Interesting. I should like to know more about Anaya. She seems like a girl who would cower a little at first but might rise to the occasion in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came here from the Beautiful People post *waves*.

    I think my favourite thing about your character is her catch-phrase 'prove them wrong' - it's something I can imagine a person saying to other people, or muttering over and over to themselves, striving to achieve something and using it as motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would cry too. Gosh, slavery is a sad topic for sure. Facing fears is always an awesome thing for any draft, but I definitely know what you mean about things changing from draft to draft. That happens to me too!
    Thanks for joining in the linkup with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that she had such a strong relationship with her father that even after he died, he still affects here life. That's really cool and sometimes isn't seen a lot in books. (usually parents are out of the picture all together). :)

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! So, I saw your comment on my blog saying you would love to blog post for me! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME!! Thank you! Anyway, my sister has your email so I'll email you soon about what days you'll be doing it and more information. Thanks again!
    -Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sounds strong and defiant. :) I like her. Strong and defiant in a slave always makes for a good story.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay