Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Monday's Minutes Challenge

This week I am doing the quote prompt and picture prompt:

Quote Prompt:  I'd made my choice and taken the hard way. These were the consequences.

Picture Prompt:



 I'd made my choice and taken the hard way. These were the consequences.
I saw the chief’s roof smoking. I heard the cries for help. But I stood there, looking lost, with a wreath of flowers on my head.
The pink party dress didn’t matter anymore.
I had wanted freedom from my village.
“Carisa! What the heck are you doing?! Get water! Where on this planet did you get that silly little thing?!” Jacob dropped a bucket of water.
I looked down at the little thing that was three inches above my knees.
When I looked back at him he was growing closer to me, his hand in his shirt.
“It was you,”
“It was me, what, Jacob?” I asked.
“You were the one that caused that. You were the one that caused the village to burn. It was all you! And what the heck were you even doing?!” He ripped the wreath from my head.
“I-I w-was just—” I stumbled through my words.
“’I-I w-was just—‘” Jacob mocked me; “You were doing something stupid. LOOK AT THIS!”
I stared at the wreath in his hand, it had seemed to hold something good and fun in it at the time, but now what did it hold?
Misery.
I tried to look at Jacob, “Is everyone ok?”
“You’re not ok,” His eyes flashed with anger.
“What are you doing, Jacob?”
His hand flew out of his shirt; something that caught the sun’s gleam was clutched inside.
Knife.
I jumped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

250 words.

Hope you guys like it =)

abrielle lindsay

4 comments:

  1. This is very interesting. Are the pieces you write for Monday Minutes for a larger project or are they just stand-alone scenes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some I hope to make into a larger project, but SEVERAL i hope will never be read again. LOL just kidding. ;)

      Delete
  2. Gahh!! Now I want more! Great job, TW!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay