Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday's Minutes Challenge

Tessa will now only be holding these every other Monday, so expect less of these for a while ;)
I am using the three word prompt (which I actually submitted...).

THREE WORD PROMPT
light
mirror
key

I stare at the mirror.
The reflection isn’t doing what I’m doing.
She’s shivering in fear. I just stand hear and stare.
“Is it you?’ I whisper.
She stops shivering, “Danita?”
My mouth drops a little, “Lila?”
I reach for the glass the same time she does, the candle light flickering.
All I do is touch glass, and from Lila’s look, she does too.
“The key. Get the key.”
“What key?”
“The one that you have around your neck.”
I grasp the chain. Mama’s key.
I yank it off in a hurry.
“Where do I put it?”
“Straight into the mirror,”
I do what she says and plunge the key into the middle of the mirror. It doesn’t shatter.
“Now turn it in a full circle,”
I start to turn, but as I do so, slowly my long lost sister disappears. And instead there’s a visible staircase.
“Lila?!” I call out, still turning the circle.
“Come for me, sister!” I hear her voice from the top of the stairs, “Hurry!”
I finish the circle and the mirror disappears all together and instead a staircase trails upward.
Light spills from the top, just a flicker. But with it comes a little trickle of…
My stomach flip-flops.

A little trickle of blood comes down the stairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is only 214 words long. Hope you like it!! =)

abrielle lindsay

1 comment:

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay