I will be doing the written prompt: "You have one chance to make your decision. What's it going to be?"
He takes his knife from under his coat, "You have one chance to make your decision. What's it going to
be?"
My hands dig deeper into my pockets. I bite my lip. What do
I do? Should I tell the truth and lose my life? Or should I lie and lose my
life?
It is going to be a lose-lose.
“Answer me.” He swings the knife towards me.
My breath is caught in my throat, “I did it. I killed her.”
I close my eyes.
There is a clank that echoes the empty room.
I feel worse than I ever have in my life. Why do I have
stupid anger problems? Why do I react like that? With a knife or a sword.
I expect that any moment he’ll grab my throat and swing me
around the room. I expect that any moment will be my last. But I still live.
I open my eyes. He’s on his knees—crying. His tears fall, he
says her name over and over again, “Tina, Tina, Tina…”
I drop to my knees next to him and rub his back, I try to
comfort him.
He doesn’t push me away. He doesn’t slit my throat. He just
cries next to me. He cries his heart out.
I hear new words come from his lips, “Tina, you died loved…”
If only I had…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
228 words.
abrielle lindsay

I like it. It's intense. Keep going!
ReplyDelete