Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Monday's Minutes Challenge

I will again be doing the picture prompt and the sentence prompt.
The sentence prompt is: I always knew this day would come--I just didn't expect for it to get here so soon.
And the picture prompt:
Thrilling, right??? =)
  Where are they? They said they’d just tie me up for five minutes, then come back and show me what they did.
I may not know much, but I sure do know that it’s been longer than five minutes.
“Carl? Ben? Kale? Where are you guys? Come untie me!” I wrestled with the ropes that tied my wrists together.
There was totally no reply. I wanted to roll my eyes, but what was the point if no one was around to see me?
“Ben? Kale? Carl? Guys—” My heart skipped a beat. What was that sound…?
Something cracked nearby. I swear it.
“H-hello?” My voice quivered.
Leaves rustled nearby.
No. I always knew this day would come--I just didn't expect for it to get here so soon.
“Ben! Carl! Kale!” I yelled with all my might.
“Melissa!” screeched one of the boys.
No. No.
“Boys! Where are you?! Untie me, stop your tricks!” I yelled, frantically trying to untie myself.
“We can’t… Meliss—” Whoever was screaming at me stopped. Mid-word.
Oh no, no, no, no, no.
They couldn’t be kidnapped now. Not now. It was way too early. I hadn’t told them everything they needed to know.
I hung my head the best I could, the tears fell.
The next thing I knew I was flat on my face. Someone had untied me. The boys, they had to have come back.
I jerked the blindfold off my face and turned around. But it wasn’t one of the boys like I had foolishly hoped.
“You can’t take them yet, I haven’t finished teaching them what they need to know,” I recognized his face instantly. Liam…

He said it was time.” Liam folded his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one is 286 words. =) Hope you like it.

abrielle lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I really like it, TW! You got me very interested in the story:)
    In Christ,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay