And I hope to get an update up here EXTREMELY soon.
But for now.
I'm going to do my MMC.
My prompt:
I KNEW I HAD HEARD SOMETHING, BUT WHY WAS EVERYONE AROUND ME SO RELAXED?
Hope ya'll like it :)
I knew I had heard something, but then why was everyone around me so relaxed?
Chitter chatter still floated around. Laughing went on as usual. No one fidgeted. No one looked the least bit suspicious.
I stood and walked down to the hall.
No one was in the hall.
What was going on?
I trotted down the hall and into the foyer.
Mrs. Kilendy was at her desk.
“What’s going on?” I asked.
“What do you mean, Scarlett?” She glanced up at me with the most innocent eyes ever.
“Something is going on, I know it.” My stomach tied itself into knots.
“You can come look out the window if you’d like,” She smiled.
I nodded and looked out her window.
Oh. My. Gosh.
I jerked towards her, “Why this? Why now?”
“You knew Christians were going under ground sooner or later, girl.” All innocence was gone from this woman’s face.
I breathed hard.
She grabbed my wrist and jerked it behind me.
I winced with the pain.
She grabbed a walkie talkie of some sort, “I’ve got one. Get her out of my office as soon as you can.”
The only thing that flew through my mind was why.
Why would God allow something like this? Doesn’t He want the world to know just Who He is?
I jerked away from the woman, “Deep down, you all already know the truth.”
I raced down the hallway and into several different classrooms, declaring my statement, even if none were in the room.
It would be recorded.
It would be listened to.
But I knew all too well how soon my words would be forgotten.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
274 words. :) Hope ya'll like it. :)
abrielle lindsay

Wow. I love it! :)
ReplyDeleteHP