Friday, April 26, 2013

Flooding


Flooding……..
I have never really been in a flood. Well, there was one about a year ago, but it didn’t seem to strike this hard. My aunt’s house flooded once, but I wasn’t there. But about 2 months ago it started raining…..

So it was like any other Friday night in the school year. Dinner time was at the international school. Lots of playing with besties (and enemies). Okay, I forgot to add something, that night (and the next) were supposed to be spent at one of the local guest houses. My mom was going to stay at home with my baby brother, Jeremy, and organize our office (total disaster with 6 kids in the house). But right as we were about to leave the rain started. I mean, this was no little rain, this was RAIN. It was comin’ down, I mean, HARD. ‘Course we all (I mean all the kids) thought it was WONDERFULLY GREAT!! It turned out not so great. I was with two of my friends out when the rain started. We LOVED it. They didn’t want to come out of it, well, neither did I, my mom said I had to because we were leaving. The rain seemed like it was a lot harder than usual, but we weren’t at the houses so it was kind of hard to tell. We got to our room in the guest house. It was POURONG down. There were HUGE puddles EVERYWHERE!! I was amazed at all the water. But that wasn’t anything compared to when I saw pictures of my yard the next day.
                The next day my dad (btw, it is STILL raining, nowhere near as hard but, it’s rain) tells us that he is going to go to our friends’ houses and help them because their houses had flooded. I was like, “How could it not have flooded their houses that time a year ago???” So my dad told us that we were going back to the house. Well, all except Johnny. A LOT of his friends live right around the guest house so one of them saw Johnny and is like “What are you doing here?? Wanna’ stay at my house??” SO Johnny got to stay. (But I got to stay with Adelaide all of that afternoon!!!) SO we went back to the house. NAd pretty much did nothin’ ‘til lunch and then RIGHT after I went to Adelaide’s house. But we didn’t go back to the guest house that night.
                IT was a horrible storm. And then a couple of weeks ago there was some more rain and I heard the dad of our friends’ whose house had flooded the first time and one of their friends were outside trying to block out the holes where water was getting in while their wives were sticking rags in the doorways. Man, and I think, I know this happened the first time, the kids slept through the WHOLE thing!!

Esshh, here are some pictures of our yard and right outside of our yard. This was in the morning. Yep, still raining








Mud Slide

Abrielle Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay