Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Monday's Minute Challenge



I sighed.
I rested my chin on my knuckles. My dress was soaked. My luggage might be better off.
Thoughts ran circles. Pictures raced. Faces stayed perfectly still.
But nothing was as clear as Aunt Maria's face.
Her grin was perfect, just as always. Her compassion was clear. Her laugh echoed in my mind.
Yet I still wasn't there in this midst of crisis.
The train still wasn't here.
I sighed again.
A failure was all I had ever amounted to anyway. So did it really matter?
My thoughts started to fight.
Aunt Maria has always been there for you.
She just did it because she promised Mother she would make annual visits every month.
No, she really did care. It has always been evident.
I chased them away.
I might as well wait for the rain to cease inside at least.
But only an hour ago I had sworn to sit here until the train came.
But... was there really a train?
I screech had me sitting up in but a moment.
I rested the umbrella against my shoulder.
No, unbelievable.
I could see the train lights rounding the corner.
The loud engine had never been more welcoming.
I stood up and grabbed my bag handles.
Ready to hop up onto the train.
The train slowed to a stop.
Oh, how long did it take to stop and then open the doors? Goodness!
When the doors opened, I dropped my bags.
My eyes popped. But my vision blurred.
Aunt Maria jumped off the train.
I lifted a hand to my mouth, Aunt Maria wrapped me in a hug.
"Home to stay, my dear," She whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

276 words.
picture prompt.

 
abrielle Lindsay :)

6 comments:

  1. Awwwwww! It was sad! But then it was happy! It made me feel fuzzy :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love it. The one sentence paragraphs are really neat. Just enough backstory so that it's abstract but the ending is heartwarming. Nice. :)

    ~Michael Hollingworth
    Disce Ferenda Pati – Learn to endure what must be borne

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a beautiful writer, really enjoyed reading this!!
    Love your blog <3

    pretty-things-a-n-d-polka-dots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay