Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Monday Minutes Challenge


I pull Amira, but she doesn't give.
"Gabe!" I screech.
He jerks his knee backward. I nod.
I kicked Amira's leg. She screams, dropping to the ground.
"Good, good," Gabe wrestles the orange backpack against Michael's back.
I jump on Amira. By the looks of her face, she might be about to lose her cookies.
God, keep him alive long enough!
I glance over my shoulder, Gabe's backpack is drenched through with blood.
God, we still need him!
"Gun, gun, get your gun out," Amira tugs at my legs.
I pull the gun out and wrestle it against her chest.
She stops moving.
"Stay. Still. Or I fire."
She really froze.
"Gabe?"
"He's doing fine, just keep her shut up."
"Michael?" I whisper, my focus on Amira.
He doesn't reply.
I glance over my shoulder, the gun shifts off Amira's chest.
She rolls over in the split second.
Stupid!
I call out in pain, her body on top of my knee.
She wrestles the gun from my hands, few shots sound.
"Gabe! Gabe! Gabe!"
"Do you want your brother or her?!" He shouts.
"Drop it, Amira."
Everyone freezes.
"Daddy?" Amira squeaks.
"Drop it."
"You're on my side." She manages.
"Drop it, daughter."
"No."
"Drop it."
"Must I repeat myself?" She holds the gun up to meet the man's.
"Must I repeat myself, daughter, for a fifth time?"
"You mustn't say another word,"
Two guns crack.
I can't tell who hit who first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 242




abrielle lindsay

2 comments:

  1. SHE SHOT HER OWN FATHER. The drama!! I was leaning forward going 'where is this going?!' Then she shot her father!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. O.o

      Thank you for leaning forward, that makes me happy. haha ;)

      Delete

I love comments!!! comment however many times you want!!!! i wont mind at all!!!!!

Keep your comment Godly, or they won't be published!!!!

And keep in mind:::::

Gracious words are a honeycomb,
sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
~Proverbs 16: 24~


~Abrielle Lindsay